Re: GG's Writing Style

Well, here's my shot at the brownie points...

    Not withstanding the regular, if not ineffective, use of comma after
comma and endlessly recursive appositives, one could say, without the fear
of the kind of puritan reprisal that Mr. Bach's ancestors reveled in during
the burning of any local witch, that it seems as if the stunted, stuttering,
opening salvos of Herr Gould retain a style that Schoenberg, despite his
propensity for childishly numerical pitch-class sets, sets that even today
beg for forgiveness, would have delighted in their own convoluted sense of
self-importance.

Best,
Sean Malone
Music Theory
University of Oregon
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~spm29386

PS: Please don't read into the words, it was just for fun.