Re: GG and CD shop clerks

You wrote:
> When I was in Toronto five years ago, a trip I made
> specifically to see Gould sites, I happened to go into a
> small music store, made a bee line for the "Glenn Gould"
> section and found--to my utter disappointment--that his
> name had been spelled incorrectly on the plastic placard
> that separated his CDs from the ones before them.  They'd
> spelled it "Glen".  In Toronto, no less!  I can't
> remember the name of the store, and perhaps that's a good
> thing (wouldn't want to start a riot).

Apparently "Glenn Gould" was originally misspelled on the
plaque in Glenn Gould Park. Ack!!! They have since corrected
though.

Either that or they were trying to match Glenn Gould's
signature, which has only one "N." ;-> (He used only one
"N" because otherwise, he felt that he might end up
writing repeated "N's." From what I have heard, this is not
another "eccentricity" -- this is quite common with left
handed people.

Anne M. Marble
(whose name is often misspelled, I mean I know I mumble
sometimes, but how can you misspell Marble?!)
(who is not a left-hander, but whose signature still looks
like a pile of N's and M's, so many Glennnnn had something
there...)