Re: GG and CD shop clerks

wrote:

> >And like Anne I also hjave encountered someone
working in a record store
> >who asked "Glenn who?"   Yeah. Honest.  Her
next question , after I
> >replied "Gould" as clearly as I could, was
actually "How do you spell
> >that?" I am not sure how many  reasonable
spelling  variations of  the
> >name Glenn Gould there are, but sometimes I
despair of the human race
> >.....  ;-)

I have two tales amongst this line from both ends
of the spectrum.  One is from a few years ago.
I'm a big fan of TLC and when their second album
was about to come out in 1994, I inquired at one
store about the availability of the first single
from the album.  When I gave them the artist
name, they tried to sell me 2 Unlimited (an
anonymous dance group) instead.  And TLC had
already sold three million of their first CD the
year before, so how did this store clerk not know
who they were? It pissed me off so badly, I took
my buisness to another store.

The other comes from the other day.  I bought the
reissue CD of the Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds", which
I had trouble finding, no thanks to the special
they aired on TNT last week.  When I brought it
up to the counter, the clerk looked at it and
said, "This has to be the best thing I've rung
out all week... no, make that all month!" :)

CJ Marsicano
cj@cjmarsicano.com
http://www.cjmarsicano.com