Re: Misconceptions about Glenn Gould

> Are you annoyed by people who think of him primarily as a
> Bach interpreter but ignore important (and wonderful) work
> such as the Brahms?

In fact no. I'm so used to the idea of Bach's music towering above other music
that it's more pleasant for me to think about Gould as "primarily a Bach
interpreter". I simply don't want his heart to belong to Schoenberg as Bradley
states. "The best pianist playing the best music" could be one of my slogans and
I'd mean Gould+Bach :)

> Or perhaps is the most annoying thing of all the person who
> says "Glenn who?..." (Why do they let those people work in
> record stores?! Oh the horror!)

Not surprising knowing the percentage of classical CD sales among all CD sales
:)

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/141/juozas_rimas.html