Humming

Dear f-minoreans!
I found the problem of humming worth exploring, as I think it is connected to the way human brain processes music. I am certainly not alone in my ability to play a piece of music, that I know well, in my imagination, no matter it is piano or symphony orchestra. But I think that music is memorised typically as the whole stream - does a CD play single parts?! I envy people who really can, as my ability to do this is limited.
I don't remember whole parts from WTK, only fragments. What I usually hum, sing, whistle (but only when alone and in my wild-Gouldian mood), is a mixture of these and some "fillers" produced instantly when needed. I think the memorised stream in my mind consists of such a hybrid "string" accompanied by additional information about, say, harmony. It's a "homophonic brain syndrome", isn't it?!
I play piano a little. With my great fondness towards Bach I would find more polyphonic skills usefull. Perhaps I should practise singing any part of what I play.

This is my first letter to f-minor. Nice to meet you here, dear Progouldians!
Przemek Dolowy, Poland
---if you find anything of my English annoying, just let me know!

--

Czas, wygoda, szybkosc dzialania
Twoj Pilot [ http://pilot.onet.pl/ ]