Re: Re Karajan and Gould

> Take as an example the paradox found in Barenboim. He is considered one of
> the 2 or 3 best conductors for Wagner's music today. And he is jew.
> In an interview I read that Barenboim conducts Wagner with absolute
> commitment, taking apart the whereabouts of the person.
> If we segregate all the "strange" people in music, we would almost run out
> of musicians.

As a side note, I have heard on the radio that a piece by Wagner was removed
from a concert program in Israel. I think people there take his music as a
personal offence. However, it's obvious they could enjoy it having less
knowledge about the author.

You can't hurt with the music itself - a great form of art, isn't it?

Juozas Rimas Jr
http://mp3.com/JuozasRimas