Re: Re Karajan and Gould

So, Peter: If you think so, how do you explain the Beethoven recording they
made together ??
May be, when it comes to art, they don't think of each other the stupid way
racists think. They just take art as a unity, something that has to do with
human kind, and not with certain idea, or religion.
You know, Hitler didn't research on the atomic bomb because it was an idea
based on "jewish physics".
He didn't enjoy Mahler too (you know, "that jewish music"
Thanks God Hitler (and all his bunch) was the kind of idiot with so short
lived minds to reject ideas or art because of the personal or political
origin of the authors.
Karajan was hell of a conductor. And I listen to him. Even if I would
consider him a moron because of his ideas.
I think that PRECISELY people like Gould don't give a damn for what do you
do when you leave the studio.
Take as an example the paradox found in Barenboim. He is considered one of
the 2 or 3 best conductors for Wagner's music today. And he is jew.
In an interview I read that Barenboim conducts Wagner with absolute
commitment, taking apart the whereabouts of the person.
If we segregate all the "strange" people in music, we would almost run out
of musicians.
So, I don't know much about Gould in his personal live (that's one of the
reasons I find this group so interesting), but I don't see him as the kind
of man who polluts his art with other concerns.
If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Pablo