Re: g minor sinfonia bwv797

hi f-minors

> a search for bwv797 reveals three performances, one is a broadcast for the
> CBC made his early years, another is the famous hiccuping CD318 1964
> recording, and another from a live performance.  The location of the
> performance, if I remember correctly, is in doubt.  I remember reading
> somewhere in the archives that the 1957 Moscow is being contested, though I
> forget where the person thought the performance really took place.

National Library of Canada has recording tape archives performed by
Glenn Gould.  Tape 7535 are  several 2 and 3-part inventions.
Those are  the private performances at his home or cottage.
You can listen to them via the internet.
g minor sinfonia is there, but only a fragmental one.
The tempo should be similar to 1964 recording, I remember.

http://www.gould.nlc-bnc.ca/ra/real.htm

> Jim (who ranks that 1964 Inventions and Sinfonias album as one of Gould's
> best)

I agree with you, Jim.   I play sinfonias for my daily practice,
and this recording is my best reference. Hiccups?   Not bad!

Takashi Watanabe (ZXF04075@nifty.com)
http://homepage2.nifty.com/~takashi/
(Sorry, contents are written only in Japanese)