GG: Gould in "The Simpsons"

If anyone digressed enough to watch "The Simpsons" on Sunday evening, you were lucky to hear our hero's name mentioned!

Brief synopsis for those too cultured to watch (and for those who WOULD have watched if they could've...): Homer gets a brain operation which increases his intelligence. In his enlightened state, he is shown listening to public radio where we hear the last few chords of a piano piece. The DJ says, "That sonata was not played by GG, but it IS good as Gould..."  Homer is intelligent enough to laugh at the "in" joke.

Now, I care not to surmise what this implies... well, yes I do. GG listeners are a smarter breed!

Dominic Lesnar