Re: Cage in GG's letters

> Don't miss the National Public Radio "All Things Considered" feature about
> 4'33", from May 8 2000.  It lasts for 8'19" and provides an illuminating
> context of the original
> performance.  http://www.npr.org/programs/specials/vote/dlist.html

Hi Brad, thanks for the above link, which isn't to only to  a pecie on Cage
but a link to the page of a special series on NPR concerning the 100 most
influential American musical works of the 20th Centuary.  Genres included,
rock, jazz, punk, classical, minimalism ala Reich.   By all means, by the
page a visit.

I just listened to the Cage peice, which was interesting, and to another
peice on one of my all-time favorite songs, the Talking Heads "Once in a
Lifetime"  I must say, it's refreshing to hear eight to twelve minutes of
airtime being devoted to a single song.  So often an entire musical career
is compressed into that time on the radio.

Jim