O tempora! O mores!

I love this joke! That's funny!

I have been Dialoguing with the Columbia University music major, Buddhist
studies minor, and Kage Kultist who wants to buy my only-played-once
"Variations IV" LP. His name is Jacob. He is Very Disappointed in ignorant
people who dis his man Cage.

Jacob speaks:

===============
i find most complaints about cage to be immaterial
simply because they are along the lines of,
"his ideas were good but his music sucked"

what??! what kind of complaint is that?
who said musical ideas have to be useful for music?"

Maybe he is right and I have been wrong all these years.

1. Shouldn't music have ... notes in it?

2. When you get a big, nice, expensive grand piano, shouldn't you take good
care of it and tune it, rather than jam rocks and screwdrivers and screws and
bolts under its strings?

O tempora! O mores!

Bob / Elmer

Happy New Year Everyone!