I don't want your pity

I ain't agin all "avant-garde" music. I have a very healthy fascination with it and have invested quite a bit more than $14 in it. "Variations IV" was just a jive-ass rip-off, and of innocent children at that. So says Elmer.

I'm a huge fan of Harry Partch. That should earn me my avant-garde music bona fides. The guy was a sculptor, for god's sake.

And I don't want anyone's pity. The $14 comes from Cage's estate or heirs, or I ain't taking a dime of it.

Elmer

Jim Morrison wrote:

What do you say list?  Let's take up a fund and give Elmer his 14 bucks so he can listen with less rage and frustration to some "avant guard" music.

<snip>