Re: Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

At 06:43 AM 12/17/00 -0500, Elmer Elevator wrote:
 I admire composers who try to take
music into the future -- all those we admire and Gould so admired were doing
just that in their day -- but Cage and Glass in particular aren't doing that.

Was GG's character Teddy Slutz (New York cabbie) deliberately patterned after Philip Glass (New York cabbie), or was that just a later coincidence? (Prophecy?)

"They called me Mr. Glass." - Samuel L Jackson's character in _Unbreakable_

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
home: http://i.am/bpl or  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
clavichord CD's: http://listen.to/bpl or http://www.mp3.com/bpl
trumpet and organ: http://www.mp3.com/hlduo

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks
from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot