Re: Question about Silver Jubilee Album

There's a machine ... it dates easily from GG's days ... it raises or
lowers the pitch of a recorded voice without changing the speed. It was
first used (maybe even invented for) when the adolescent pop singer from
the Partridge Family, David Cassidy, who was breaking the hearts of the
world's 12-year-old girls, went through his voice change
and his register dropped; this let him keep singing normally, but
reproduced his old pre-change boy soprano. Nowadays this is commonplace
digital technology, but it was revolutionary then and saved his career
(?). I don't know if GG employed it in this case, but he would certainly
have known about it and been curious about it as a nifty studio toy.

Elmer / Bob