Re: Pastorale Symphony

----- Original Message -----

I've listened many times to Gould's recording of the first movement of
Beethoven's 5th symphony.  It is stirring.

Jim here:

Agreed.   That's one of Gould's best Beethoven performances, IMHO.
I love it and think it's the most successful of the movements from the
fifth symphony.

By the way, if any of you out there have only heard the first movement
of the sixth symphony on the complete fifth symphony disc, I should
tell you I believe that the CBC version is much more moving, more soulful
in a way. And if I remember correctly, it's taken at a slower tempo.

Bye

Jim