Re: Sibelius/Gould/GV

Bonsoir,

F minor makes miracles = I tentatively e-mailed about Kempf and in a short
time after somebody reposts from Finland ! Many thanks Anssi =
what you call an "(un)educated guess" is very helpful !

Here, in France, advertizing for Murray Peraya's recording of The Goldberg
Variations has started appearing repeatedly on TV.
Lately, a friend of mine sent me a cutting from the Times where one could
read : "As a young boy in postwar Budapest, Andras Schiff heard a pirated
copy of Glenn Gould's landmark 1956 recording of Bach's The Goldberg
Variations. There was no looking back". (In fact, A. Schiff played this work
on the 26th of last october). Don't translate I favour pirated copy ! Still,
sometimes it is "felix culpa"...

                          Best,
                       Jacqueline