Sibelius/Gould and polar bears

Bonjour F minor,

- I have just ended a biography on Sibelius and I feel amazed by the
tormented life of the man : he found help in alcohol and tobacco which  was
much better for him than the medications Gould took  = Sibelius  pointed out
ironically that the physicians who advised him to stop tobacco and alcohol
were all dead = himself died at 92 !
In fact, it's impressive how Sibelius was so similar to Gould in terms of
intimate conditions for creation.
In that book Gould's name is mentioned as one of the rare pianists having
played Sibelius, the second one being Wilhelm Kempf : does any one know
about Kempf playing Sibelius ?
- Addendum : Tovey - the English musicologist previously quoted - described
the third movement of Sibelius's violin concerto as "a Polonaise for polar
bears"!
                               Cordialement,
                                Jacqueline