450.000 listeners

Bonjour F minor,

Did you know that Maurane - a francophone singer- has sold 450.000 albums
with a song "Sur un prélude de Bach" (1991)which starts :
            "Lorsque j'entends ce prélude de Bach
              par Glen Gould ma raison s'envole"

                   (rough translation =
          "When I hear Glen Gould playing Bach's prelude
               I am no more in my right mind")

   I was searching for some informations about Gould's J.S. Bach Prize
(1959 /Harriet Cohen Music Awards) and through a connection with "music
awards" I fell on Maurane's sums. I wonder how many of her listeners brought
also Gould's CD !
  The prelude is the first one of the WTC, Book I. But why not write Glenn
Gould as we all do ?
                           Jacqueline