Re: oxymoron

Re-bonjour,

I did not want to die stupid = I looked in big books : in French we say "un
oxymore" or " un oxymoron" keeping the Greek origin ; it can be explained by
"alliance de mots" / "bold juxtaposition of words (oxymoron)".
Among many examples of "oxymores" I chose : " noir et blanc" to remain with
colours and Rimbaud I quoted this morning ; also this verse in a Gouldian
climate though written by Corneille :
          "cette obscure clarté qui tombe des étoiles"
           " this dark brightness falling from the stars"
                    Hope you like them !
                       Jacqueline