Sorta GG: Russell Oberlin (was Re: R: Re: BWV 54 conducted by Glenn Gould)

From: madiva <madiva@WORKING.IT>

> Please,  you could gives me news about Russell Oberlin ?
> He has interested me  under the magistral direction of Glenn Gould.

There's an interview from 1996 here:
http://www.lyrichord.com/early/oberlin_int.html

Here's the same interview -- but this one has a picture:
http://www.lyrichord.com/inte/oberlin_int.html

Here's his entry from the Voice Teachers Academy web page. (They misspelled
his name in the URL.)
http://www.voiceteachersacademy.org/oberlain.htm

There's a discography here:
http://www.medieval.org/emfaq/performers/oberlin.html

There's an article here:
http://www.mpae.gwdg.de/~kopp/disc/ro/lyrearly.html

There is a biographical entry on Russell Oberlin (from 1960) here:
http://www.mpae.gwdg.de/~kopp/disc/ro/ro_bio.html
The picture is in color. They were right. He really did have red hair!

Tim Page interviewed Russell Oberlin in 1995. That Tim Page guy sure gets
around, doesn't he? ;-> Somewhere on the net, I think you can find the Real
Audio version of that interview. But darn if I know where it went!

You can buy his CDs on the Lyrichord label! I know because I have one. :->