Re: J.S Bach Edition

Bradley wrote:

"For years I wondered where GG got that wacky "A-F" ending to the
unfinished
contrapunctus of the Art of Fugue, since that's not where Bach left
it.  Someone informed me recently that this reading is (once again) in
Peters."

Bradley, I remember reading or perhaps it was on the videotape of the Art
of Fugue that outlined
a Gould phone call received by Bruno Monsaingeon. It was just before the
recording/taping of the
unfinished contrapunctus. As I recall, Gould indicated that he found a few
miscopied notes in the
counterpoint, and that surely, Bach, if given time, would have realized the
error in transcription.

Ken Hutchins