Re: GG: How much like GG are you?

From: <jjrd@sympatico.ca>
To: <f_minor@email.rutgers.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 1999 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: GG: How much like GG are you?

> Hey I got a 20! Perhaps I changed a few questions on the way, but in
>that game, wouldn't it be correct to suggest that it would give me an
>extra point?

That's the way to do it! :-> I like your way better.

The first time I tried it, I got a 3. Ooh. Impressive. Maybe if we
counted
"half points" for answers on which we almost agreed. For example, I
like dark gray clouds, especially when they're swirling around just
before
a storm. And I would live in a penthouse apartment if I could. (Though
I'd prefer a beach house.) And I do stay up really, really late...

> >3. Do you write? Y(x)  N( )

Well, if you use a computer, it's sort of playing the piano, but
without the music...

> >4. Do you hum while writing? Y(x)  N(  )

Does it count if I mutter dialogue out loud?

> >5. Do you sit low at the computer? Y(x)  N(  )

While reading a message on this list, I read the height of GG's chair.
Then, just out of curiosity, I measured the height of my computer
chair. Gulp! It was the same height. But at least my chair has
padding. For now. (Y'know, you just get used to the darn things.)

> >6. Do you sit at the computer on a custom chair? Y(x)  N(  )

I wouldn't call it a custom chair. It somehow ended up at this height.
By the time I thought of changing it, I decided I liked it better this
way.
At least my legs aren't dangling several inches above the floor.

> >7. While writing, do you direct with the hand that's free? Y(x)
> >N(  )

While editing a deadline project, I found that I could keep from
getting distracted by playing with a pen in one hand while editing
with my other hand. Scary, isn't it?

> >9. Do you sometimes direct music while driving or taking walks?
Y(x)
> >N(  )

I nearly ran off the road because I was singing along with a "Talk
Talk" song ("Take On Me") while driving. Luckily, I was driving in
Maryland, and no one noticed the difference.

>>11. Do you work in the night and sleep in the day? Y(X  )  N(  )

When I'm in the middle of writing something, I can wind up staying up
almost as long as GG. I do some great writing in those wee hours. The
other night, for various reasons, I ended up writing an entry in the
Purple Prose Parody contest at about four in the morning!!! But
my parody turned out to be really funny. Even better, when I reread
it, I was able to laugh at the jokes all over again because I had
forgotten writing them!