Re: GG: Glanced at the Kazdin book

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Karl Berry wrote:

>     Should I go ahead and read it?
>
> Sure, why not?  Kazdin talks about things no one else does, and the bits
> about the actual recordings are pretty interesting, IMHO.
>
> It's not *that* vituperative.  I mean, I've read much worse trashings.
> Anyway, you can just chuckle at the worst parts while munching on your
> arrowroots.

Plus it takes less than two hours to read, and is probably more edifying
than a typical Hollywood blockbuster.

The book by Jacqueline DuPre's sister and brother is in some ways a pretty
serious trashing of Jackie, and unfortunately takes longer than two hours
to read.  I haven't yet seen the film version.

Bradley Lehman ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/
Dayton, VA, USA ~ 38.43N+78.98W