Glenn Gould Gathering in Toronto

Good Saturday Morning to Everyone

I saw the enquiry this morning about final details for the festival and
I think that everyone who has registered has received his/her notice
from our office here at the Gould Foundation.

Hotel registration or one's personal accommodation while in Toronto is
each delegate's own responsibility and has nothing to do with the
scheduling of the festival.

With the August 1 (Summer '99) edition of The Gould Standard newsletter
we will be sending out a summary questionnaire where everyone who is
attending the Gathering can identify specific add-on events and even
pre-order tickets for activities such as the Breakfast Roundtables and
the Luncheons.   If anyone is registered as a delegate and not a Friends
of Glenn Gould member, s/he will also get this questionnaire.  We are
sending out this item because it will help us, and our caterers, to know
how many people we should be planning for at these early and additional
events.

One piece of wonderful news is that Angela Hewitt has decided to play
her opening concert on Glenn's own Yamaha, the instrument he used for
the '81 Goldbergs.  Never before has this instrument been on the stage
of Glenn Gould Studio, so we will all be part of history in the making
when Glenn's personal piano "comes home" to the broadcast facility
bearing his name, under the extraordinary talent of Angela Hewitt.

We are counting the days until the festival begins.  There are still a
few places available and even, now, SINGLE-DAY passes (at $50 per day)
for people who have said they cannot be at the full festival but who
would still like to attend on one or two days.  Contact me directly if I
can help you with such arrangements, or with any other questions you may
have.

Best regards from Toronto.

John Miller
Executive Director