Re: GG's voice

I once did a paper in which I argued, in part, that the "aesthetic experience" is one of extreme intimacy between, in this case, composer and listener. (I played one recording exclusively during the several months I worked on the paper: Abby Simon's performance of Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit.) For me, one of Glenn Gould's salient characteristics is the honesty and clarity of his performance; even beyond the almost flawless technique, there is the crystaline clarity of his intellect and wit. He's always obvious, there in the music, like a force of nature. Few musicians give of themselves so fully or reveal themselves so intimately. And yes, I've had an experience quite similar to what you describe.

Ale wrote:

I was playing this morning (I just play the piano as a hobby, I would say,
even if I think that music is never a hobby, it's always part of yourself,
but this is another topic) and at a certain moment it seemed to me to hear
Mr Gould'singing over the music... Just a crazy impression, I admit. I add
that I've never heard that piece recorded by GG. It really struck me. Has
anybody ever felt something of that kind? Sorry if the question is too
strange.

Greetings to all
Alessandra , erisf@tin.it