Re: GG:

Sivan Etedgee wrote:

> Gould's religion.  In all the reading I have done, I have never
> seen it mentioned.

GG was brought up in a Presbyterian family.  He stopped going to
church at 18, but he continued to believe in God (if I remember
correctly) but not in the tenets of Christianity.

>     The second question regards a wrong note in Book One of "The Well
> Tempered Clavier." In the third prelude, in C-sharp major, in measure
> 37 Gould plays a B-natural instead of a B-sharp at the top of the > phrase.

Most editions I've seen use the B-sharp.  It's one of my favorite
performances of all Gould's Bach and the one note can't do much
to change my mind. :)

Regards,
David