RE: technology and the average listener

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, fg wrote:

> As a matter of fact all this isn't related neither to macaroni enriched
> whatever nor to your Nautilus speaker set.

Actually, my speakers are Mirage M3si (made in Canada!), which are kind of
entry-level audiophile.  Bi-poles, good sound; very reasonable price for a
high-end audio product.

> It's just a matter consciousness, if you have it then you know it's just OK.

Would you care to explain that one?

> And regarding Carbonara ... in Italy there are like three different recipes
> for it depending on the region, just like Pommodoro or Putanesca or Alfredo
> or Pesto or ...

Sounds good.  Maybe you could e-mail me some of those recipes off the
list?

> And by the way: Did you know (statistically) which is the favourite sauce
> for truck drivers in Italy?
> You guessed it: Carbonara.
> Truck drivers in Italy  are (generally) very kind people, helpful and fun.

Interesting.  From what I can see, truck drivers often enjoy eating and
appreciate food that tastes good.  I'm sure there are CEOs, on the other
hand, who live on stuff that can be microwaved in 5 min. or fast food
that's really bad for you.

GG, incidentally, was almost completely *indifferent* to food.  He seems
to have favored scrambled eggs, Arrowroots and Poland water (see the
archives for previous discussion) plus various snack foods.  In the book
of his letters there is one from someone asking him to review restaurants
around Toronto.  GG declines and mentions that he is really the last
person they should have asked!

jh