Re: GG:GG music in movies

pzumst@bluewin.ch wrote:

> G'day f-minorers !
> Last night I had an interesting conversation with the only other GG
> afficionado I know in real life at the local pub.
>
> He believes that an excerpt from GG's "Well-Tempered Clavier" was used
> in the movie "Silence of the Lambs" (in a scene that will definitely
> ruin your appetite.....). I don't think this is the case and bet him a
> sixpack.
>
> Now who's right and who's wrong ?

Start drinking!

Both the book and the movie refer to Hanibal the Cannibal's favourite
piece of music as being the Goldberg Variations, recorded by GG. This
is specifically mentioned in the book...... (that GG is the artist).
Now there's a chilling thought!

And now for the skill-testing question....... for anyone that has
the movie - which recording, the '55 or '81?

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who hears 3 bars on the radio
(okay, maybe 2 1/2) of Goldberg Variations and instantly classifies it
as '55, '81, or Other (you mean people other than GG recorded the GVs)?

Cheers,
Matthew

--
Matthew Harding, Director                       Tel: 613-566-6212
The KTL Group, Inc.                             Fax: 613-599-7242