Re: listening spaces

You've just hit the heart of the issue.  Most recordings, Classical included,
were originally DESIGNED    for the mid-fi enthusiast, not the high end buyer.
Sows' ears and silk purses come to mind. I have a relatively high end set
(tubes and such), and have learned from sad experience.
This whole issue brings out the closet technocrats among the GG group.  The
media is NOT the message! (although some think that is one of GG's important
agenda.