Old recordings

Hi Tim et consortes!

I understand what Tim means. I do not mind - that would be foolish - well
restored recordings, which my posting shows, in regard to Sony's Materwork
Heritage series, but I do mind if the restoration process, as in the case
of Grammofono 2000, destroys what's left of the original recording!

I don't agree with you Tim, that the sole purpose of CDs at all times would
be to faithfully, with what used to be called high fidelity, reproduce the
original moment of recording. I agree that this is the goal in modern
recordings, but there is another, much more intriguing aspect to the CD
media. The CD has allowed us to dig deep into the past, and listen to
otherwise forgotten or completely unavailable 78's and vinyls, and even
cylinders. This has rendered a unprecedented depth to the music market.
That, to me, is the most important quality to the CD media.

Best,

Loco

All places are here!  All times are now!