RE: GG: Mitch

David,

You wrote:
>. . . His very
>successful TV program featured a robust male chorus of about 15, heavily
>miked and reverbed, with arrangements featuring harmonica descants (this is
>true!).  The words to each song appeared (as I remember) in graphics at the
>bottom of the screen, and viewers were exhorted to "Sing Along with Mitch!"

So, do you think "a Sing-along-with-Mitch style descant"(GG)
refer directly to the harmonica descants, which you mentions,
featured in the "Sing Along with Mitch" program?

Was harmonica always accompanied with the chorus?

May I regards the word "descant" as obligato here (for the Mitch pgm).

I once again quotes:

>KH:  Well, now, before you wrote out your transcription
>[of Meistersinger Prelude, which contains too many
>voices in the last three minutes], how did you navigate
>that segment in performance at home?
>
>GG:  By the simple expedient of leaving out one or
>other of the principal voices and adding
>a Sing-along-with-Mitch-style descant.
>KH: Of which there is already quite enough on your
>records as they stand, if I may say so, Mr. Gould!

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Junichi

  Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo