Mozart Sonatas - Jeno Jando

I have many recordings of Jeno Jando and one volume of the
complete Mozart sonatas. These are strange works. Somebody said of
them that they were too easy for professionals and too difficult for
amateurs. I have come to like them very much and find the Jando
performance on Naxos to be as good as anything else in my experience
or collection. I intend to complete the set from Naxos. (Naxos is
offering the complete sonatas of Haydn - 6 volumes now available -
with Jando as the performer. I recommend these unreservedly.)

In June I had a mind-numbing problem with BMG and resolved to find a
different source. I began to buy from Naxos and discovered that the
Naxos catalog is excellent as a source of information as to CD
content. I did research through record reviews, both from hardcopies
and web, and selected CD's on the basis of these. I also took some
blind leaps where no reviews were available.

I have bought about 30 Cd's in this manner. Disappointments have been
fewer than with any other alternative source. Some performances
without being disappointing have been rough, containing flaws of the
type that one seldom hears on CD's but are commonplaces in the
concert hall and as commonplaces passed over without comment. In
short, I'm happy and have established a want list of about 200 CD's
that I intend to buy from Naxos.

Service is superlative. I get my CD's within 5-7 days of my order.

If you're interested, call 1-800-75-NAXOS to get the Naxos catalog or
to place an order.

I'll be happy to provide recommendations based upon my experience to
anyone who asks.

Best regards

Bob Williams prospero@netins.net