Re: Gouldian moments in recent film

>First, I can confirm that a GG lp appears in "Copland"
>
>Second, in "Mimic" ... the "husband" practices
>the end of the aria to the Goldberg Variations over and over.
>
>So there you go.
>
>Mike

Speaking of Variations of Gould on Celluloid...!

Anyone remember that at the beginning of "The English Patient" (I
know...not THAT movie again, but I couldn't help mentioning) Juliette
Binoche's character Hana played, I believe,the aria and the first variation
of the Goldbergs in the ruined Italian villa, thereby summoning frantic
'sappers' who thought there might be a bomb in the piano?  Did anyone else
notice Hana was Canadian?

Veronica
vxavier@sfsu.edu