Re: GG: Imagining Glenn Gould

At 2:27 PM -0500 9/1/97, Robert C. Kunath wrote:
>Dear Minors--
>
>	Bradley is absolutely right: the last section of "Conversations" is
>entitled "The George Szell Caper," and gives the Gouldian spin on what
>transpired.  Maybe Glenn's giving us the gospel truth, but, having read a
>lot about George Szell, I find it easy to believe that he offered to trim
>GG's derriere.  In response to Kristen's "Gould Quotes" project last year,
>I suggested the following invented quote:

Holy Shipbuilders! Has it been a year?! Well, that just goes to show how
many hours I log on this stuff... A general note to anyone who is left from
the days when I asked for quotes, the project is nearly finished! I will be
unveiling it soon, probably another month. Maybe mid-October? And Robert...
your quote is in there. :-)

Best
Kristen

"There must be room for mess, for vulgarity. Sometimes, we have to touch
people."

                                  -- Bruce Charlton, writing as Glenn Gould