Re: GG: Imagining Glenn Gould

Dear Minors--

	Bradley is absolutely right: the last section of "Conversations" is
entitled "The George Szell Caper," and gives the Gouldian spin on what
transpired.  Maybe Glenn's giving us the gospel truth, but, having read a
lot about George Szell, I find it easy to believe that he offered to trim
GG's derriere.  In response to Kristen's "Gould Quotes" project last year,
I suggested the following invented quote:

Glenn Gould to Cleveland Orchestra Asst. Conductor Louis Lane following the
rehearsal clash with George Szell:

	"So, Louis, shall we join Dr. Szell in his usual luncheon of gall and
bitter wormwood?"

	I'm sure Glenn said something even snappier, but it's fun to dream...

	Robert