Re: GG & analytic/creative tasks

I'm working on my degree in mathematics, and I find it very helpful to
listen to Bach while I work my assignments. Particularly the Partitas,
Inventions,  and the WTC.  I will occaisonally use the Goldbergs, but both
recordings are a bit to exciting for me to concentrate. I'm speaking of
*Gould* Bach here. I have found it nearly impossible to work with any of
the harpsichord recordings or the string pieces, to say nothing of his
organ works. I love all of Bach, but some is definitely better than others
for me to do analytical work. I also occaisonally program in *just* the
Andante movement from Gould's Appassionata, and have it repeat
indefinitely. The slow movements from the Mozart, too, have sometimes been
helpful.

Jeremy