GG & analytic/creative tasks

On April 30, Erich Schmidt wrote:

>I am a programmer/analyst in Princeton, NJ; has anyone found, as I have,
>that GG playing Bach is quite helpful when doing analytic tasks, such as
>programming or mathematics? or even creative tasks, like design/desktop
>publishing?

Hell, yes! I'm a freelance writer/editor. I often have Gould's Bach playing
while I'm working on a manuscript. Strange that while I've got a lot of
Gould CDs (Beethoven, Strauss, Scriabin, etc.), it's the Bach I choose when
I'm working. It has an energizing element that's so wonderful, especially
when I'm up at 3 a.m. (a very Gouldian hour) trying to meet a deadline.

Cheers!

Catherine Bennett