GG: Schubert - all that needs to be said.

                       DU HOLDE KUNST

                        TO MUSIC

                Thou blessed Art, how often in dark hours,
                when the savage ring of life tightens round me,
                have you kindled warm love in my heart,
                have transported me to a better world!

                Oft a sigh, escaped from thy harp,
                a sweet, sacred harmony of thine,
                has opened up the heaven of better times for me.
                O blessed Art, I thank thee for that!

                - Franz Von Schober