Re: GG: Art of Fugue

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Arin Murphy wrote:

> But I'll definitely pick up Gould's edition once it's released! Can't
> wait for the F-Minor discussions to start. Wonder how many of us will
> grab it on the date of release and wear the disc out in three days?

Anybody know if they're planning to fix the intonation of Contrapunctus
IX?  On the LP's that whole piece was noticeably flat, such that it's
jarring.  Should be easy to fix digitally.  Not so easy to fix the
out-of-tune mixture in other places, though...I wish that at the sessions
they had put in the 10 minutes' work by an organ tuner to get that one!

Bradley Lehman, bpl@umich.edu       http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/
"It doesn't really matter if the color's exactly right
   if the picture feels right when you finish the print." - G. O'K.