Re: GG: piano playing

Hi Bradley - are we doing this almost simultaneously?

Yes, I know about the John Holt book - I've tried to order it, but it's
a bit expensive. Anyone seen secondhand copies?

There's a similar title for starting the piano as an adult called _Piano
Lessons: Music, Love and True Adventures_ written by Noah Adams. It's
available in hardcover now, but it's being issued in trade paperback in
April, at about fifteen dollars. (I love working in a bookstore -
although it gets a bit dangerous financially!)

Arin Murphy
Concordia University, Montreal

The absolute requirements of literary labour not unfrequently compel an
irregular distribution of time, and with it irregular social and moral
habits. (J.W. Kaye)