Re: Goldberg opinion

Dear Goldberg Fans,

I have been reading the recent thoughts on the Goldbergs, I have seen
all the versions mentioned except my favorite, the 1959 concert
recording from Salzburg.  With this performance I think Gould said it
best when he said, "I brought off something exceptionally fine and where
it would have been nicer to have had an audience of twenty thousand
rather than just two thousand. But such moments are rare."  The irony
here is interesting, but I do love all the concert recordings he made.

All the Best,
Charlie