Subject: Re: Re[2]: Goldberg opinion
Author:  Arin Murphy <la_murph@alcor.concordia.ca> at internet
Date:    1/30/97 11:10 AM

`Followed by two minuets and a gigue that is a pleasure to play'....

I envy you! I don't play the piano (not from choice, I assure you), I play
the cello; so the closest I can get to Gould is playing the cello part in
the orchestral accompaniment along with his CDs. (Wouldn't Gould love that
- I, live, accompany him playing Bach thirty-nine years ago via digitally
remastered electronic recording in my living room. I'm taking his theory
that recording allows the performer to interact with a listener one on one
a step further: not only am I a listener, I'm performing back to him.)

I'm interested in knowing: how many of you are piano players? How many of
you are musicians, but on another instrument, like me?

Arin.