GG: Piano Woes

I wonder.  Is the piano used to record the 2 and 3 part Inventions the
same as that used to record the French Suites?  Was it CD 318 after
its unfortunate accident?

What is so distracting with the French Suites is that when I listen to
the recording with headphones, I often think the phone is ringing.  I
am constantly checking the phone and therefore, can't concentrate on
the music.

I agree with Bradley, however.  Glenn's concern was not sound, or
backfire, but rather touch.  It was the keyboard action which
determined the instrument he would use.

And to Mary Jo, I really like the Harpsipiano recordings.  I find the
instrument gives a much richer sound to the music.  However, I think
the best sounding instrument GG used was the Chickering (in Glenn
Gould: Off the Record).  Of course, this is half-way between the two
instruments.

Lori Lalonde