Re: GG: shadows on the wall, accompanied by music...

    the films and TV
         programs that GG did make.

He made a zillion.

         I have never seen any of these
         broadcast in the U.S.

Not sure if they were or not.

         but I have read about them and many of
         the recent Sony GG releases claim that Sony has or will
         release a GG "video library" on videotape.  Still, I have

They have; ``The Glenn Gould Collection''.  16-17 tapes.  Bruno
Monsaingeon edited.  For the most part they are not the complete shows
that GG did, unfortunately, just pieces.  Better than nothing, but I'd
love to see the unexpurgated versions.  Maybe someday the CBC will
release them or Sony will buy the rights or something ...

Possibly you can see the original shows at the National Library of
Canada archives; possibly they will make copies.  I haven't been able to
confirm either of those things, though.  (I think the NLC folks got
tired of my asking them ...)

         not yet found a film store her that can order them . . .

Try a big record store, e.g., Tower Records.  I've seen them at various
big record places on the net, too, e.g., cdnow.com, cdconnection.com,
cdchoices.com.  Tower is on the net also somewhere ...