Re: GG: Lacrimosa: Physiology and the Arts...

    Cinema, like music, is not primarily a medium of the intellect, it
    is about the emotions and agitation of the mind."

I agree about music, but it seems bizarre to me to say film is not a
medium of the intellect.  Films (generally) have narratives,
recognizable people, places, things, etc.  Music doesn't have any of
that, except in a metaphorical sense.

Personally, I've intentionally avoided learning anything (much) about
music theory precisely because I'm afraid I will stop being able to
experience the music as music, and instead will experience it as
mathematical relationships, modulations, etc., etc.  I'm certainly
missing something, but ...