Re: GG: the big question

Dear K.

I do believe interpretation is an art form.  Look at Shakespeare
productions.  Each provides a different view and interpretation.  Just
this past year we have seen a new version of Richard III, Romeo and
Juliet, and soon to be released Twelfth Night and Hamlet.  How can
this be possible except through creative interpretations.  The same is
true for music.

In GG: Off the Record, he admits that the creative process is
difficult for him.  And when I listen to Opus 1, I hear an attempt at
trying to be like Schoenberg, or Wagner.  I believe he saw music in
relation or comparison to other music.  I think this may even have
been discouraging to him.  I believe he really wanted to create music
for it's own sake.  However, he did this with the radio documentaries.
He created music using the human speaking voice.  Couldn't this be
considered "melodic invention"?  He certainly had to manipulate the
voices to get the sounds he wanted.

:-)

Lori Lalonde