[f_minor] Glenn Gould Unhummed

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 1 13:45:54 MDT 2016

Hey everyone

Did anyone hear about this rumoured project by Sony Classical that they are planning to re-release some GG material without the humming and singing ?

I forgot where the original source is but from memory they are using some nifty software similar to what AutoTune or Melodyne can do – find the singnal of the humming/singing in the mix or master tapes and then reduce or remove these “artifacts” digitally. I reckon some people (not me) would find that rejoycing.....

Can anyone confirm that ?

Pat