[f_minor] Glenn Gould Prize 2015

Yoshiyuki Mukudai mukudaiyoshiyuki at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 19 13:07:19 MDT 2015

Mary,
Thanks for your info. I didn't notice those kind of links and have been
long waiting for CBC Radio official release. I do have all the commercial
CDs of Glenn Gould (excluding duplications) and CBC actually released his
Radio 2 documentaries in 2007 in addition to the famous trilogy, which I
purchased on its first release on CD back to 1992. I bought this set in
Dussmann, Berlin.
http://www.classicalmusicguide.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19718
But, any of those shown in the link I gave you yesterday have not released
officially.

Joergen,
That's Chinese pirate. left bottom is 説明 (explanation(s) in English) in
current Chinese characters. And the one you mentioned is something to do
with Chinese website.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youku
Here is google translation of the word into English (but, Google translates
it in Japanese as 油庫 which can be only read as "Oil Tank" and we don't have
such a word in Chinese characters. I google translated that term 油庫 into
English then the result was "Depot.") :
https://translate.google.co.jp/?hl=en&tab=wT#zh-CN/en/优酷

As for Opening Performance of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on
Septermber 23, 1962, CDs are still available from:
http://tower.jp/item/2940780
And the track listing of the program is here:
http://ulblwebp01.lib.miamioh.edu/multifacet/record/mu3ugb2241222

They don't have English website. Feeling sorry about that. This 2 CD set
issued by Tower Records Japan under license of Sony includes  its entire
evening performances with Bernstein conducting Mahler 5th "Adagietto" on
funeral mass of Robert F. Kennedy as bonus.
http://nyphil.org/jfk

This website may look easier, but I recommend you to directly purchase one
from Tower Records Japan.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICC-1518

How to order it from them is here:
http://faq.tower.jp/category/show/142
Hope that this helps.

All the best,
Yoshiyuki Mukudai
יוֹשִׁיוּכִ
Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli complete discography and concertography
<http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~michelangeli/index.html>
My Google+ (everything on about me here)
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/116610244045014844758/about/p/pub>