[f_minor] Knock Knock

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:19:19 MDT 2015

The knock knock joke has appeared at least once again in the blogosphere - or I mean the commentosphere:

Here at The Globe and Mail in the comments section:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/american-composer-philip-glass-wins-glenn-gould-prize/article23958858/

No knock knock here (so far) but the comments seem to reflect the same division of opinion as F Minorites:
http://slippedisc.com/2015/04/philip-glass-wins-100000-glenn-gould-award/

My personal opinion of Gorecki's music is that I prefer to listen to Arvo Pärt:
http://www.francemusique.fr/player/resource/33199-17642

This following link will not helas lead you to a concert anymore but you will see what it was when it was and it was terrific:
http://www.francemusique.fr/emission/le-concert-du-soir/2012-2013/tallis-scholars-tallis-palestrina-allegri-whitacre-part-byrd

Here is part of it, Pärt's part, saved by some intrepid soul who then stuck it up on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHaBEQE8JQI

Amazing that Lukas Foss was never a GG Prize Laureate.

Mary