[f_minor] Glenn Gould's humming

Anita Monroe rubatoatm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 11:02:45 MST 2015

I'm a fan of the humming too.  I actually heard him hum in 1959 when he
played for a full audience of girls at Winthrop College.  Most of them
didn't know any Bach and didn't know who that cute guy was.  I was sitting
in the second row, could hear the humming, and watched as he
looked rather angrily at the audience.  He was right to feel that way since
there was giggling and talking that could easily be heard on the
stage...

Anita